Seattle Pacific University IEEE/EAS Club
Article I - NameSection 1
The name of this organization shall be The Seattle Pacific University Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and Engineering and Applied Science Club (SPU IEEE/EAS Club). It is also known as the SPU IEEE Student Branch.
Article II - PurposeSection 1
It shall be the purpose of this organization to provide undergraduate and graduate students who have an interest in Electrical, Computer, or related engineering professions with opportunities for educational, technical and professional development in preparation for entry into the profession.
Article III - AffiliationsSection 1
The SPU IEEE Student Branch is affiliated with The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, the SPU Engineering Department, and the Associated Students of Seattle Pacific.
Article IV - MembershipSection 1
Membership is open to all SPU students, staff, and faculty who are interested in engineering studies and professions. Membership must be confirmed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
Article V - OfficersSection 1
President - As the executive officer of the student branch, the president is the key to effective student leadership. The president is responsible for the overall management of all student branch affairs. The president is expected to delegate duties to other officers and members of the student branch.Section 2
- Preside at all meetings of the student branch.
- Hold regular meetings of the student branch officers and serve as chair.
- Prepare the necessary reports for IEEE Student Services:
- Annual Plan - November 1 or 2 months after academic year begins.
- Annual Report - May 1 or six months after the academic year begins.
- Arrange for the election of officers each spring
- Ensure smooth transition of information and materials form newly elected officers and arrange orderly transfer of student branch records.
- Work with and coordinate some activities with section and region officers.
- Communicate frequently with other officers.
Vice President - Oversees committee responsibilities and always shares work load of the president.Section 3
- Organize field trips or special events beyond regular program efforts.
- Arrange for refreshments at student branch meetings.
- Assist the president in following up on assigned committee responsibilities.
- Perform all functions of the president in his/her absence or upon request.
Secretary - maintains all student branch records and supplies for the student branch.Section 4
- Submit to IEEE Student Services the Newly Elected Officers Form.
- Keep detailed records of each student branch meeting.
- Maintain stationary and other IEEE forms and supplies as required by the student branch.
- Maintain student branch membership roster and committee assignments list.
- Be responsible for all student branch correspondence.
- Post a Calendar of Events.
- Assist President to ensure the student branch activities are conducted under the provisions of the current student branch constitution.
- Arrange for an orderly transfer of all student branch records to the incoming secretary.
Treasurer - responsible for maintaining the financial accounts of the student branch. Since the final approval of a project may depend on the finances available, it is imperative that all records be kept current and as accurate as possible.
- Maintain the appropriate student branch accounts.
- Prepare an annual budget and submit to the ASSP.
- Prepare an annual budget and submit annual plan of activities to IEEE Student Services by November 1 or two months after the start of the academic year begins.
- Prepare the Financial Statement and submit the annual report of activities to IEEE Student Services by May 1 or six months after the academic year begins.
- Oversee all fund-raising efforts.
- Arrange for orderly transfer of all student branch financial records to the incoming treasurer.
Article VI – Student Branch Counselor/AdvisorSection 1
The student branch counselor will serve in an advisory role for the student branch. The branch counselor will help the officers in planning and organizing meetings and events, and will maintain continuity from year-to-year. The branch counselor will also serve as a liaison between the IEEE Seattle Section and the student branch.Section 2
The student branch counselor will be appointed by the SPU Engineering department and students and confirmed by the IEEE Seattle section. The branch counselor must be a member of the engineering faculty and a member of the IEEE.
Article VII - ElectionsSection 1
Selection of officers shall take place during spring quarter of each academic year.Section 2
Officers shall be nominated by self or peer.Section 3
Officers shall be voted in by a simple majority of votes from members present at the election meeting.
Article VIII - MeetingsSection 1
General meetings or activities shall be held at least twice per quarter during the academic year. Officer’s meetings shall be held as needed during the academic year.
Article IX - Constitutional AmendmentsSection 1
The constitution may be amended by a two-thirds majority vote of members present at any regular or special meeting that has at least half of all members present.Ratified October 10, 2002