October 30, 2009
Dear SPU Students, Faculty, and Staff:
The H1N1 virus (swine flu) continues to be a subject of much concern. Although SPU has seen some cases of H1N1, our Clean Hands and Respiratory Etiquette campaign has been embraced by many and is helping to keep the number of H1N1 cases low.
The SPU Health Center is coordinating SPU’s efforts to address issues. Some important information follows:
- The H1N1 vaccine will soon be available. More information will be sent.
- Prevention is key. Please continue to practice good hygiene. Wash your hands and utilize hand sanitizers.
- Get good sleep and eat healthy meals.
- Cover your sneeze and cough by using the crook of your elbow.
- If you do get ill, isolate yourself to prevent the spread of the illness. If you can recuperate off campus at home or at a relative’s home, consider this option.
- Also, communicate with your faculty, hall staff, and/or supervisor to make sure they are aware of your absence and need of assistance.
For more information, visit the Health Center’s website.
Director, Health Services
Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs /
Dean of Student Life