Adrienne Meier - Adrienne is the librarian for Geopolitics. She is available to help with research questions for all geography, political science and global development studies classes. To ask a question or to schedule an appointment, write to her at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on geography and global development studies, see the resources below.
Below are useful and trustworthy websites on Geopolitics topics:
- Environmental Policy Collection Maintained by the University of North Texas, this site is an archive of digital collections on climate change. The site includes reports from national and international governmental agencies and scientific organizations, most of which were published between 2000 and 2009. This is not an exhaustive collection, but is a good place to start for topics relating to environmental policies, ecology, climatology and climate change research. Note that the material can be very technical
- Eurostat Created and updated by the European Union, this site is dedicated to providing the researchers with high-quality statistical information on European countries. Types of statistics include: EU policy indicators; economics; population and social conditions; industry, trade and agriculture; transport; energy and the environment; and science. This is a good website to use for research on European Union countries
- International Work Group for Indigenous Affairs The homepage of the IWGIA, an organization dedicated to documenting the situation of indigenous peoples and advocating for an improvement of their rights. Included on the site are news stories and information on topics such as human rights, development, and culture. Indigenous peoples from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Arctic are covered. This is a good place to start research on indigenous groups and how they are affected by certain issues
- Small Arms Survey A variety of articles and data on the global trade in light weapons, produced by the Graduate Institue of International Studies, a Swiss think-tank
- United Nations The official website of the United Nations. A good place to go for news; information on UN conferences and events; UN publications and reports; and issues concerning the main councils of the UN