Alumni are always welcome in the SPU Library. While some services such as Summit borrowing and off campus access to library databases are not available once you graduate, we do what we can to continue to make you feel connected to SPU through the Library.
Services for Alumni
- Contact the Alumni Center for an alumni card that allows you to continue checking out materials from the SPU Library.
- Continue to request materials through Interlibrary Loan. (You may need to set up an ILL account.)
- Search the SPU Library databases when visiting the library in person.
- Use self-service printers and copiers, with purchase of a copy card.
If you can’t visit campus, consider these alternatives for database access:
- Using your local public library, you can remotely access their databases (e.g., Seattle Public Library databases, King County Library System databases, etc.)
You can also find online databases available no charge, including:
- Google Scholar
- Directory of Open-Access Journals
- HighWire Press
- BioMed Central
- Chemistry Central
- PhysMath Central
- CiteseerX (scientific articles)
- ArXiv.org (scientific articles)
Databases sponsored by the U.S. government:
Loan Rule Information
|Material Type||Loan Period||Fines||Max. items out by item type||Renewal|
|General collection, Curriculum, Honors Projects, Juvenile, Music Scores, Kits||28 days||none*||Up to 25||1|
|CDs, Sound Recordings||24 hours||none*||5||1|
|DVDs, Videos||7 days||none*||5||1|
|Reference, Atlases, Theses||No loan||n/a||n/a||n/a|
- (*) Overdue items that go to 'billed' status before being returned are subject to a $5.00 per item late fee.
- Alumni may have a total of 25 items checked out at any one time.
- Replacement cost for lost SPU materials: $75.
- Fees may be assessed for materials returned in a damaged condition.
Contact the Circulation desk at 206-281-2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns about overdue, damaged, or lost items.
Patron responsibility: The Library prints date due slips at the time of checkout and sends courtesy reminders and overdue notices to your SPU email address. However, whether or not you receive these notices, you are responsible for returning materials that have been checked out on your ID card on time.
Get the Library’s most up-to-date hours.
Donate to the Archives
Do you have memorabilia, photographs, or campus clothing from your time at Seattle Pacific?
Ask a Librarian
You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.