- Search library article and research databases from on or off campus. Forgot your username and password for access? Use Find My ID to recover your login information.
- Determine whether the SPU Library has access to the full text of a particular journal using Journals A-Z.
Request reprints of materials available on microfilm.
“Ask a Librarian” to receive research assistance in person or online through email, text message, and chat services.
- Schedule an appointment with your liaison librarian to discuss your research and publication interests. This can include meeting to discuss your research, literature reviews, style and citation assistance, and more.
- Use the Faculty/Graduate Study Room.
- Use a Faculty/Graduate Study Room locker (see the Circulation Desk to checkout a key).
- Use collaborative and individual computing spaces and receive support in using university software at the Tech Desk.
- Use self-service printers and copiers, with purchase of a copy card.
Loan Rule Information
||Max. items out by item type
|General collection, Curriculum, Honors Projects, Juvenile, Music Scores, Kits
||Up to 75
|Summit items – Long Loan (usually books)
||$0.50 per day for first 10 days, then $1.00 per day for the next 15 days
||Up to 75
|Summit items – Short Loan (usually media)
||$0.50 per day for first 15 days, then $1.00 per day for the next 15 days
||Up to 75
|Graduate Locker Key
|CDs, Sound Recordings
|Test Files (restricted access)
||Varies, usually 2 hours
|Reference, Atlases, Theses
||24 hours with Librarian Permission
- Emeriti may have a total of 75 items checked out at any one time.
- Replacement cost for lost SPU materials: $75.
- Replacement cost for lost Summit materials: $90.
- Fees may be assessed for materials returned in a damaged condition.
- Fines are higher for recalled items.
Contact the Circulation desk at 206-281-2228 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns about overdue, damaged, or lost items.
Patron responsibility: The library prints date due slips at the time of checkout and sends courtesy reminders and overdue notices to your SPU email address. However, whether or not you receive these notices, you are responsible for returning materials that have been checked out on your ID card on time.