The SPU Library is central to the discovery, creation, and sharing of knowledge at Seattle Pacific University.
The SPU Library provides collections, instruction, tools, spaces, and personnel to advance teaching, learning, and scholarship at Seattle Pacific University.
1. Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment: The library defines, develops, and measures outcomes that advance the mission of Seattle Pacific. The library engages in continuous planning and assessment to inform resource allocation and to meet its mission effectively and efficiently.
2. Collections: The library provides access to collections of sufficient quality, depth, diversity, format, and currency to support the teaching, learning, and research mission of Seattle Pacific.
3. Educational Role: The library develops and supports information-literate learners who can discover, access, and use information effectively for academic success, research, and lifelong learning.
4. Discovery: The library enables users to discover information in all formats through effective use of technology and organization of knowledge.
5. Space: The library is a place where users interact with ideas in both physical and virtual environments to expand learning and facilitate the creation of new knowledge.
6. Personnel and Professional Values: The library provides sufficient number and quality of personnel to ensure excellence and to function successfully in an environment of continuous change. Library staff advance professional values of intellectual freedom, intellectual property rights and values, user privacy and confidentiality, collaboration, and user-centered service.
7. Outreach: The library engages the campus and broader community to educate, advocate, and promote its contributions to the academic and cultural mission of Seattle Pacific.
Principles adopted from Standards for Libraries in Higher Education (Chicago, Ill.: The Association of College and Research Libraries, 2011).
Get the Library’s most up-to-date hours.
Donate to the Archives
Do you have memorabilia, photographs, or campus clothing from your time at Seattle Pacific?
Taking Assignments Into the 21st Century
The Tech Desk provides students with the technology, tools, assistance, and space to research, collaborate, and create.