Dennis Bakke’s Top 10
Principles for Experiencing Joy in the Workplace
- When given the opportunity to use our ability to reason, make decisions, and take responsibility
for our actions, we experience joy at work.
- The purpose of business is not to maximize profits for shareholders, but should be to steward our resources to serve the world in an economically sustainable way.
- Attempt to create the most fun workplace in the history of the world.
- Eliminate management, organization charts, job descriptions, and hourly wages.
- Fairness means treating everybody differently.
- Principles and values must guide all decisions.
- Put other stakeholders (shareholders, customers,
suppliers, etc.) equal to or above yourself.
- Everyone must get advice before making
a decision. If you don’t seek advice,
- A “good” decision should make all the
stakeholders unhappy because no individual or group got all they wanted.
- Lead with passion, humility, and love.
Back to the top
Back to Home