Seattle Pacific University's Master's in Teaching English
to Speakers of Other Languages (MA-TESOL) program prepares
you to cross cultural borders and engage students from
around the world.
Whether you intend to teach in colleges, universities, or one of the various language institutes throughout the United States and abroad, SPU’s program gives you the preparation you need. When you choose Seattle Pacific's program,
you will experience how the faculty bring together knowledge
and skill from linguistics, education, humanities, and
the social sciences to equip you for effective service
in the growing field of English language instruction.
Highlights of SPU's TESOL Program
- Theory made practical
- Balance of academic preparation and teacher training
- Strong emphasis on ethical and intercultural sensitivity
- Practica to ensure success and confidence in the classroom
- Low faculty/student ratio, ensuring close, personal interaction with faculty
- Flexibility that includes year-round admission and late-afternoon and evening classes