SPU Policies, Manuals, and Procedures
Standard Procedures for Faculty Recruitment
Standard Procedures for Faculty Recruitment, Advertising, Interviewing, and Hiring Expenditures
Method of ReimbursementAll charges for school advertising and interviewing (lodging, transportation, and meals) should be charged to the department or school's budget. Once all costs are known, the school will submit a budget change request (with documenting faculty recruitment expenses worksheet) for reimbursement to the office manager for academic affairs.
President's Office pays for the following:
- Advertising (with The Chronicle of Higher Education and the CCCU)
- Transportation (airline tickets and/or mileage)
- Moving expenses
- On campus meals
- Off-campus meals: breakfast and lunch for the candidate and interviewers; dinner for candidate only
- Off-campusdinners for interviewers
- Miscellaneous costs such as phone calls, mailings, and photocopying
The Faculty Handbook outlines the SPU policy on moving allowances. Based
on this formula, the Office of Academic Affairs determines the allowance
and notes the amount in the offer letter.
When completing the PAF (Personnel Action form) for the new faculty member, complete the portion for the moving allowance. Attach an RFP (request for payment) for the amount of the moving allowance expensed to your budget. Attach a budget transfer, reimbursing your budget for the amount. The office manager for academic affairs will work with the president to complete the PAF and budget transfer form.
Last Updated 01/10/11.