The Racial and Ethnic Diversity Initiative at SPU
Welcome to the SPU Racial and Ethnic Diversity web page. Here you will find the following information regarding SPU's activities related to racial and ethnic diversity:
- Reports from previous activities
- Information regarding ongoing activities
- Announcements related to future events and activities
For information regarding our commitment to racial and ethnic diversity, read this statement. We are committed to diversity because as a Christian community, we are called by God to come together to overcome the barriers that divide us. We are committed to this initiative because our mission calls us to educate students to engage the culture and change the world. In order to do so, we must address this crucial challenge facing us today.
Diversity at SPU
- Blueprint for Excellence–Our Commitment to Diversity
- Selection from Comprehensive Plan for the 21 st Century–Education Plan
- John Perkins Center for Reconciliation, Leadership Training, and Community Development
- Ames Scholarship
(For more info, also visit the Ames Scholarship page on the Multi-Ethnic Programs Web site.)
- Academic Affairs staff retreat on the Diversity Initiative
News and Events
Information on Early Connections, the Intercultural Retreat, and other events; student clubs such as Mosaic, Asian American Association, Black Student Union, and SALSA; and a photo gallery.