RN to BSN Degree Program
The field of health care is changing at a rapid pace. To keep informed and to keep their options open, many registered nurses are completing a bachelor's degree.
Seattle Pacific’s nursing program keeps the working RN in mind. We work with your schedule while providing you with the latest in theory and scholarly understanding. Combined with your experience in clinical practice, the program will stretch your knowledge about nursing, your understanding of service and care, and your horizons.
Applications to the program are accepted anytime of the year.
Admission to the RN to BSN Program is based on the applicant's total profile. The following items need to be included:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing or Diploma. An earned hospital diploma or an Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) from a state-approved or nationally accredited nursing program*
- RN License. Unencumbered Washington State Registered Nurse license
- RN to BSN Application
- GPA Requirements. The minimum overall GPA requirement is 2.5 for admission to SPU according the the SPU Undergraduate Catalog. A GPA of 2.75 is required in transferred science courses for full admission to the RN to BSN Program.
- English Competency. RN to BSN students are required to have completed with a C grade or better (2.0), a college-level English Composition course to be considered for admission to the program.
- Background Check. Upon admission to SPU, a clean National background check by American DataBank is required for all nursing students.
* Transcripts from international schools are evaluated by an international transcript evaluator
Step One. Order "official" transcripts from ALL schools/colleges attended since high school. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services at www.wes.org prior to submitting to SPU.
Step Two: Download the RN to BSN Program Application found here. Complete the Application and all paperwork required, sign the Application, and mail or bring to the address below.
* All official transcripts, two Professional Recommendations, Personal Statement, and Resume must be completed and included for the Application to be considered.
Step Three: Once the Application and official transcripts have been received by the RN to BSN Office, a "Transfer Evaluation" of transcripts will be performed to evaluate current standing, (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior), and the number of credits that will transfer to SPU. It is optimal for RN students to have completed the maximum of 90 transfer credits upon entry to the RN to BSN program. However, this is not a requirement for acceptance into the program.
Step Four: Follow up by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 206-281-2607. Advising will be scheduled with the RN to BSN Director, as needed.
Send all Application materials to:
Seattle Pacific University
RN to BSN Program
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 106
Seattle, WA 98119