Post Masters Nurse Practitioner Certificate
There are two nurse practitioner certificate options: The Post-Master’s Adult Nurse Practitioner Certificate and the Post-Master’s Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
Applicants must be in one of the following categories:
- have completed the Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) degree
from Seattle Pacific University
- have completed an equivalent Master’s in Nursing program or higher
Applicants must have a minimum of two years recent professional nursing practice and a current Washington State Nursing license with no practice restrictions.
Statement of Goals
Applicants must provide a statement of goals in the form of a short essay, which must include: [see current MSN applicant—there are seven questions that must be addressed]
Letters of Reference Requirements
Using the forms provided, request two letters of reference. Letters should be sent by the writer directly to the School of Health Sciences and include:
- Two letters from professional nursing colleagues, one from a current supervisor.
Benefits and Features
- Courses taught by expert clinicians
- Courses designed for adult leaners
- Certificate award on completion enables ARNP Board Certification and state licensure.
- Prior graduate level coursework (per official transcript) can be applied toward certificate requirements.
- Choice of ANP or FNP pathways.
How to Apply
For more information about the Certificate Program Preparing Nurse Practitioners, contact the Graduate Nursing Program Admissions Counselor in the Graduate Center, or mail a request for information to:
The Graduate Center
Seattle Pacific University
3307 Third Avenue West, Suite 111
Seattle, Washington 98119-1950
Attn: Beth Van Camp