As the new Dean of the School of Health Sciences, I am excited to be joining an outstanding faculty who is committed to excellence in education, clinical practice and scholarship. After years in practice and in healthcare leadership, it is a privilege to join this community.
Seattle Pacific’s nursing programs are set apart by the integration of a strong foundation in Christian faith and values. We take pride in the fact that since 1936 thousands of our nursing graduates have carried these principles to their practices near Seattle and around the world. A robust academic atmosphere and relationship-centered learning and practice guarantee that our graduates are exceptional practitioners poised to provide compassionate, evidence-based clinical care and to be leaders in our profession.
With these missions in mind, we have much to offer our students and the community through our nationally accredited programs:
- pre-licensure bachelor of science in nursing (BSN)
- RN-to-BSN program for practicing nurses
- master of science in nursing (MSN) and post-masters certification
- clinical nurse specialist
- nurse educator
- nurse administrator
- adult nurse practitioner
- family nurse practitioner
These are exciting times in nursing and healthcare. In the changing landscape of healthcare reform, nurses will play an important role in leading that change through a focus on overall health and wellness. If you have a passion for learning and a desire to integrate faith, practice and scholarship to make a difference in the lives of others, we invite you explore the School of Health Sciences and the Lydia Green Nursing Programs at SPU.
Lorie Wild, Ph.D., R.N., NEA-BC
News and Events
Sigma Theta Tau Induction
Friday, June 7, 2013 2:00-3:00 PM
Cadre Nurses Christian Fellowship
School of Health Sciences Mission
Based on our commitment to Christian values, we seek to partner with the community to develop graduates who engage the culture, change the world, and:
- Serve all people with the highest level of professional care.
- Demonstrate competence in a diverse and changing environment.
- Act with wisdom, character, and caring.
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of nursing.
- Promote optimum health of body, mind, and spirit.
Our core values are: Excellence; Respect; Diversity; Inquiry; and Caring Presence