We're on Facebook! Become a fan!
The Department of Theatre provides students with opportunities to explore personal values, develop personal skills and gain insightful techniques of criticism - all within a distinctive philosophical and artistic environment.
Please select from the options to the left to find out more about our academic and production programs, our people, and our policies.
The mission of the Department of Theatre is to educate, train and prepare theatre artists of character and competence who will engage and transform the culture through faithful use of their creative gifts and talents.
We seek to:
- Provide opportunities and encouragement for members of each of the university’s constituencies to pursue aesthetic growth as an essential life value.
- Develop persons of character drawn to serve society through the use of their artistic talents.
- Prepare competent theatre practitioners, managers, and scholars.
- Vitally and constructively contribute to the intellectual discussion, spiritual development, and community awareness of the SPU constituencies.
- Model the inherent connections between the theatre arts and Christian faith which comment on the human condition and experience, and reflect the human spirit.