The Weaver Fellowship Program is maintained exclusively for those who will teach, for that profession presents the greatest opportunity to deal with the first concerns of civilization, and thus with its ultimate preservation. The teacher has the opportunity and responsibility to provide for the continuation of a society that is learned, humane, and free. The Weaver Fellowship Program assists future teachers who are motivated, as was Professor Weaver, by the need to integrate the idea of liberal education with their teaching efforts, and, in so doing, to restore to university studies their distinction and worth.
- The Weaver Fellowship pays tuition and a stipend of $5,000 and awards $1,000 in ISI books.
- Applicants must engage in graduate studies for the purpose of teaching at the college level.
- Those attending pre-professional (medical, law) schools are ineligible.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and college seniors or graduate students
- The application deadline is January 16, 2011.
- More information on the application and other required materials available here in a PDF.
It is very important to refer to the web site listed below for specific and complete information regarding this scholarship.