Download and Install Lync 2010 on a Personally Owned Computer
Note: Do NOT use this install on an SPU-managed computer
These instructions will walk you through downloading and installing Lync 2010 on a Windows machine. This process may involve steps that are not familiar to you.
- Windows XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7
- Processor: 500 MHz or higher
- Memory: 256 MB or higher
- Free Space on Hard Drive: 1.5 GB or more
- Click the Download Now link on the SPU Download Center. This will bring up a log in screen. Log in with your SPU Username and Password.
- Press Save when prompted. You will now need to decide where to save the installation file. We recommend your Desktop or Documents folder.
- Locate and double click the LYNCSETUP.EXE file and Run the software when prompted
- You will see a progress window as the files are extracted.
- A window will open and choose the Install button when ready.
- A window will show you the installation progress.
- When the installation is complete click Close. Lync will automatically open. Log in with your SPU Username and Password.