SPU partners with several professional organizations to offer certification preparation courses in Nonprofit Governance, Human Resource Management, Global Human Resources, and Internal Auditing. We also offer a unique Professional Development Certificate in Faith and Business. Consider these options:
- The Northwest Academy for Nonprofit Governance offers a six session certificate program, "preparing the next generation of nonprofit leaders for strategic governance of mission-based organizations." Interested professionals may choose to register for individual sessions or for all six sessions. This course runs from January 8 to March 12 on select Thursday evenings. (Syllabus)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training. SPU, in partnership with the ETI Group, offers this extensive 10-week course on Tuesday and Thursday evenings beginning on January 27. "Lean Six Sigma focuses on reduction of waste, increased profitability, and customer satisfaction. It is a method of integrated management used by organizations to more effectively and efficiently meet the needs of their customers. Green Belts learn the comprehensive elements of Lean Six Sigma in order to assist staff in using the process and facilitate team efforts." (Syllabus)
- Digital Marketing Strategy, offered on Monday evenings from February 9 to April 13. "This course is designed to help you become a more strategic digital marketer as you compete in today’s marketplace. While today’s media toolkit is vast, this course focuses on building a solid digital strategy that guides the use of various marketing tactics. You will do a variety of activities and assignments to prepare you to engage the culture and change the world with the help of a refined digital strategy." (Syllabus)
- Professional Development Certificate in Faith and Business helps you integrate a Christian witness in the marketplace, with workshops in theology and business. This certificate is designed for lay business professionals, seminarians, and clergy.
- Certificate in Professional Human Resources Management (PHR/SPHR) is offered in cooperation with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) to prepare you for the PHR or SPHR certification exam. Our program consistently rates as one of the top in the nation for HR professionals.
- Certificate in Global Human Resource Management (GPHR) , also offered in cooperation with SHRM, will prepare you for international and cross-border responsibilities as an HR professional.
Contact Seattle Research Partners at 425-789-0161 for more information about the PHR/SPHR and GPHR programs.
Visit the SBGE Continuing Professional Education course description page for information on the upcoming courses being offered at SPU.