Admission Information: School Counseling (MEd)
in School Counseling
Applicants will have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, education, or a related field.
Applicants must submit the following items to the Graduate Center:
- Application and $50 application processing fee.
- Copy of teaching certificate, front and back; if applicable.
- Official transcript(s) from each college/university attended.
- Personal statement, including long-term professional goals (maximum of 300 words).
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) scores. A minimum combined verbal and quantitative score of 950 for the GRE taken within five years of application or 400 scaled score for the MAT is required.*
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Moral Character and Personal Fitness Policy form (found in the online application).
- Character and Fitness Supplement form (found in the online application).
Applicants who meet the regular application deadline requirements, including an initial screening of their complete application file, will be interviewed by a School Counseling faculty member.
All correspondence regarding the interview process will be carried out by email using the address provided in the application. Please set your email filters accordingly.
*The GRE or MAT will be waived for students who already have a graduate degree or who achieved a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.4 or higher.
April 1 (Applications are accepted any time prior to April 1.)