Admission Information: Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
Applicants will have at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The MAT program admits candidates annually for Autumn Quarter.
Applicants must submit the following items to the Graduate Center.
- Application and $50 application processing fee.
- Official transcript(s) from each college/university attended.
- Personal statement (one to two pages).
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores*.
- Two to four letters of recommendation.
- Passing WEST-B scores.
- Passing WEST-E score(s).
- Endorsement verification form.
- Moral Character and Personal Fitness Policy form (found in the online application).
- Character and Fitness Supplement form (found in the online application).
*The GRE and MAT will be waived for students who achieved at least (1) a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA or (2) a 3.0 in the last 45 quarter credits of completed undergraduate coursework.
Applicants who meet the application deadline requirements, including an initial screening of their complete application file, will be interviewed on campus. All correspondence regarding the interview process will be carried out by email using the address provided in the application. Please set your email filters accordingly.
In order to be approved for full admission into the MAT program, all applicants must take and receive passing scores on all three sections (reading, writing, and mathematics) of the Washington Educator Skills Test – Basic (WEST-B). In addition, applicants must pass the Washington Educator Skills Test – Endorsements (WEST-E) in their desired endorsement area before enrolling in MAT classes. For the latest schedule information as well as test registration, visit west.nesinc.com.
Early Admission – December 1
Regular Admission – March 15