Admission Information: Master in Teaching
Mathematics and Science
Applicants must submit the following items to the Graduate Center
- Application and $50 application processing fee
- Official transcript(s) from each college/university attended
- If your degree is not from a U.S. college or university, please arrange for your transcript to be evaluated by an accredited transcript evaluation company such as WES. Have the report forwarded directly to the Graduate Center
- Personal statement (1–2 pages)
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) scores taken within five years of application
- On the former GRE exam, preferred minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative score of 950
- On the revised GRE exam, preferred minimum scores of Verbal: 148 and Quantitative: 147
- On the MAT, preferred minimum scaled score of 400*
- Two to four letters of recommendation
- Passing WEST-B scores including 240 on each subtest: reading, writing, and mathematics
- Applicants may use a combination of SAT, ACT, and WEST-B scores to meet the WEST-B requirement (reading writing, mathematics). Please contact the Graduate Center if you have questions.
- Minimum SAT scores required - Math: 515, Reading: 500, Writing: 490
- Minimum ACT scores required - Math: 22, Reading: 22, Writing: 8
- Passing State Endorsement Test
- Endorsement verification form. Contact Dr. Greg Gelderman for information about endorsements.
- Moral Character and Personal Fitness Policy form (found in the online application)
*The GRE or MAT will be waived for students who achieved at least (a) a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA or (b) a 3.0 in the last 45 quarter credits.
MTMS applicants who meet all admission requirements, including an initial screening of their complete application file, will be interviewed. All correspondence regarding the interview process will be carried out by email using the address provided in the application. Please set your email filters accordingly.
Applicants will have at least a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The MTMS program admits candidates annually for summer quarter.
Find information about this Program Overview, Program Outline, Suggested Course Sequence, and Admission Information.
Your source for information on all SPU graduate programs, as well as graduate admissions and events.