Alternative Routes to Certification ARC-Online
Seattle Pacific University’s Alternative Routes to Certification (ARC) Online program integrates a Washington Residency Teacher Certification program with a graduate degree (MAT — Master of Arts in Teaching).
Who Should Pursue This Degree
If you hold an undergraduate degree and want to earn both teaching certification and a master's degree concurrently, and you live outside the Puget Sound area, the ARC-Online program may be right for you. As a paraprofessional, instructional assistant, or non-certified teacher in a private school, you are encouraged to apply to the ARC-Online program; you may be able to use your position as the program's required internship.
As a student in the ARC-Online degree program at SPU, you will:
- Earn a Washington Residency Teacher Certificate.
- Complete a Master of Arts in Teaching, which offers greater teaching expertise and a higher position on the salary scale.
- Progress through the program with fellow students in a cohort.
- Enjoy personalized advising and mentoring from full-time faculty.
- Take part in field-based experiences with diverse learners, culminating in an extended school-site teaching experience.
- Learn from technology instruction embedded in the curriculum.
- Create a personalized Teacher Development Plan.
- Receive guaranteed enrollment in certification courses.
The program outline includes a description of program components, required courses, and program schedule. The official degree requirements for this graduate program are stated in the SPU Graduate Catalog in effect when you are admitted into this program.
What is required for admission to the ARC-Online program? Find information about admission requirements and procedures. The official admission requirements for this graduate program are stated in the SPU Graduate Catalog in effect when you apply to this program.
Alternative Routes to Certification-Online-QSI
Are you a non-certified teacher employed by Quality Schools International? The ARC-Online-QSI program is for you. Earn your teacher certification and a master’s degree concurrently.