Associate Professor of Management; Joseph C. Hope Professor of Leadership and Ethics
Office: McKenna Hall 225
Education: BA, CSU, Sacramento, 1982; MA, CSU, Sacramento, 1985; AM, Stanford University, 1988; PhD, Stanford University, 1991. At SPU since 1991.
Randal S. Franz is co-founder of the Center for Integrity in Business and associate professor of management in the School of Business and Economics. Dr. Franz received his PhD and AM degrees from Stanford University. He is an organizational sociologist with specialties in organizational behavior and design.
Dr. Franz’s recent research focuses upon the topic of corporate social responsibility and society’s changing expectations for institution of business. He has consulted in the health care, law enforcement, software, and aerospace industries. His work has been published in the Journal of Global Responsibility; Journal of Management Inquiry; Journal of Management, Spirituality & Religion; Business & Professional Ethics Journal; Journal of Management Education; Small Group Research; the American Compensation Association News; and Washington CEO magazine.
- Franz, R.S. & Petersen, H.L (2012). "Role of Business: A Portfolio Model of Corporate Social Responsibility" in Journal of Global Responsibility. (3)1: pp. 83–10.
- Van Duzer, Franz, Karns, Wong & Daniels (2007). "It’s Not Your Business: A Christian Reflection on Stewardship and Business," in The Journal of Management, Spirituality, and Religion. 4(1): pp. 99–122.
- Franz, R.S. & Wong, K (2005). “Spirituality & Management: A Wider Lens” Comment on D. Steingard’s ‘Spiritually-Informed Management’ in Journal of Management Inquiry, Vol. 14, No. 3, 247–250.
- Erisman, Daniels, Wong & Franz (2004). “Analyzing and Responding to Different Christian Views of the Corporation” in Business & Professional Ethics Journal 23(4): 93–114.
- Daniels, D., Franz, R.S., & Wong, K (2000). “A Classroom With a Worldview: Making Spiritual Assumptions Explicit in Management Education” Journal of Management Education. 24(5): pp. 540–61.
Please view Dr. Franz's CV (PDF) for additional publications.