Summer Sessions: Undergraduate
As an undergraduate student, you can take advantage of Summer Sessions to complete required courses in your major or take courses to complement your program.
View the Time Schedule’s complete list of Summer Session 2014 courses to find the classes you need.
The tuition for all 2014 Summer Session undergraduate courses is $697 per credit.
You have several options to register for courses during Summer Session 2014:
Continuing students: Online through Banner
- Adding courses: You must register prior to the first day of the course. Registrations will not be accepted once a course has begun.
- Dropping courses: You must drop a course before it ends. Once the course has ended, you will not be allowed to withdraw.
- Internships, independent studies, individual instruction, and dissertations have the extended registration deadline of July 14.
The registration deadline for summer courses varies. You can register for a course up until the first day of class. Web registration for summer courses will also vary depending on the start date of each. Web registration may close before the course starts, and students will need to register in an alternative fashion (see above alternatives).
If you receive the error message, “Registration changes are not allowed. Course status dates not within range for part of term,” web registration has closed for that course. This means one of two things:
- The course has started and you can no longer register for it.
- Web registration has closed for this course, but you can register in person in Demaray 151 or fax or mail in your Summer Sessions registration form (PDF).
Registration questions? Contact Student Academic Services at email@example.com.
If you withdraw from one or more summer courses and want a refund, you must officially withdraw from the course(s) by filing a Withdrawal Form (PDF) through Student Academic Services. The date the form is received in SAS determines the amount of refund. If you don’t provide proper written notification to SAS, your financial obligations will remain binding, regardless of whether you attended any classes or used any contracted services.
You may not drop a class after the course has ended.
Summer Refund Schedule
|Seven- or Eight-Week Sessions
||Three- or Four-Week Sessions
|Week 1: 100%
||Week 1: 100%
||100% by second class
|Week 2: 50%
||After Week 1: 0%
||After second class: 0%
Important Summer Dates
You can begin registering for your summer course(s) on Tuesday, April 15.
The first summer classes begin Monday, June 16.
Summer Fast Facts
Find out what’s open on campus during the summer, office hours, and information about parking.